Wednesday 10 February 2021

LOVE by Jennie Hart

  
  Photo: Liz Obadina

I may say I love a painting, a film or a book,

I may say I love the clothes you wear, the way you look,

I may rave about the blueness in a bluebell

Or the colour of the darkest, reddest flame.

I may rave about a meal I ate, or a good red wine,

But the love I feel for you is not the same.

 

To gain such love a s person must be thoughtful

Unselfish, caring, giving, warm and kind.

‘What?’ you say, ’Impossible aspirations!’

But both must aim at these for love to find.

 

Love for another person is a sacred thing,

Existing in your head, your soul, your heart,

It may come within a moment or it may take years,

Love cannot be one-sided, both must play a part.

 

Love makes huge demands. It seems unreasonable

What one must do to gain love from another,

But to give without condition is the secret

For a person to be loved and be a lover.


No comments: