Tuesday 27 August 2024

Tea? I don't think so by Elaine Pearson


Someone bought me a cup and saucer

But I don’t think I’ll use it to sup

It’s really very heavy

I can hardly pick it up

 

I could fill it full of red wine

And drink it through a straw

But I think by the time it was empty

I’d be laid out cold on the floor

 

So I’ll use it as a planter

On me patio out in the sun

I’ll enjoy it at me leisure

While sitting outside on me bum.

 

I’ll fill it to the brim with pansies

Geraniums pink and white

It’ll grace my garden all summer

Oh, what a beautiful sight

 

Then when the flowers are finished

I’ve found another use

Somewhere to put me grandson

So he isn’t running loose! 

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Wonderful Elaine. I always think of your lovely smile when I read your poems (which make me smile too!)